Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a 32 inch Samsung smart TV and following a recent power

I have a 32 inch Samsung smart TV and following a recent power cut it stopped working when the power came back on. Been reading about the power surge problems Samsung have had so bought a new PSU and have just replaced it. However it still doesn't fire up. The screen does now go blue as if it is nearly going to do it but not quite. So a bit more sign of life but still not there. Could the fault be somewhere else
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of Samsung TV?
- Was there any thunderstorm in area that cut the power?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Shahid, no it was a power cut. All TVs were plugged in and only the Samsung died - it's the newest and most expensive in the house. Samsung useless as everyone on the Internet has reported.
Model number is
UE32F4500AKXXU
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Tony for the info.
It seems power cut/ surge volts took two boards in TV at same time, PSU and main board which is very odd.
Please get the part number written on label pasted at main board of TV and search/ google it for price and stock info to order it and swap it in TV which will help to resolve the problem, please make sure you are getting exact/ identical main board as different version/ part number board may not work in TV as you can view different version/ part number main boards at following link for this one model...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XUE32F4500AK+main+board.TRS0&_nkw=UE32F4500AK+main+board&_sacat=0
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Blimey! Pretty unreliable TV's must remember to tell everyone.
Well I'll give it a go. Can't really rate your answer too high as don't know if this will work yet but you've been quick so thanks