Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

model no dmr-hw 120 ebk, when using programe guide, scrolling

model no dmr-hw 120 ebk, when using programe guide, scrolling to channel 5 screen go,es blank and can,t get any channels further down list..
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the firmware so I would like you to reinstall it.
To do this, on the player itself, hold the Channel up and Channel down buttons for 10 seconds, then release.
This will put it into a reset and you then set it up again.
Then check and tell me please if you still have the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

has,nt worked.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Did it go through the reset David and ask you to set it up?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no just reset apeared on front

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then it confirms the problem
It is the internal memory that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by reinstalling it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the player to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.