Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

My Onkyo CR-515DAB unit suddenly lost the DAB function - I've

Customer Question

My Onkyo CR-515DAB unit suddenly lost the DAB function - I've tried re-setting, and different antennae, but it shows 'no stations' after scanning.
Any ideas>
Clements 47
Category: Electronics
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'll continue to wait

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please continue

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Adam

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. Sorry for the delay, this is a tough question. I'll go back to my FM radio transmitter experience to see if we can come up with a solution.
Are your regular FM broadcasts coming in, or are they out too?
A lot of the time when the radio won't find a station, if the DAB chip hasn't gone out, it's due to a spread female connection. Cut a piece of coax and splice on an end. You can use the twist on type that you buy at the electronics store so you don't need special crimpers. Leave about 1/8" of the center conductor sticking out past the flush point of the threaded part that screws into the antenna connector.
Cross your fingers, and tell me the results. If at first it doesn't work, bend the center conductor off to the side a little, then insert it into the hole, for a better chance of making a connection.