Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

- we have an Epson AcuLaser M1400 black and white A4 printer.

Hi- we have an Epson AcuLaser M1400 black and white A4 printer. The paper feed takes it in for about one inch and then stops. The green light goes off and the red light comes on. We have been re-setting the paper up until a few days ago but now even that doesn't work. The printer will not work at all. Any advice?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, unplug the power from the printer and wait 10 minutes.
Then plug in the power, turn it on and tell me if the paper now feeds.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes - done that and it still doesn't feed.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Catherine.
We are going to reset the printer to remove the firmware as the cause of this problem.
To do this, Turn off the printer. Open the rear cover. While holding down the button on the operator panel, turn on the printer.
Ensure that the Ready Light and Error Light blink
If they do not, redo the above steps
Then close the rear cover and try to use the printer.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi - it worked for a couple of times but we have the same problem. Every time we want to print, we have to follow these steps.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that it continues, confirms its the actual mainboard.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for letting me know - will do.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome
Let me know if you need anything else please and please remember to rate my service