Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

, I am unable to open 'store'on my ereader. I was told

I am unable to open 'store'on my ereader. I was told that the email address I registered the kindle on is different to the one I now use which is *****@******.***
I went into settings on my kindle but the link to deregister will not respond. I may have used *****@******.*** when I registered but I do not use this email address any more & I am also unable to access it. Please help I just want to get into store on my kindle to order books.
polly
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Kindle and tell me if you still have the problem Polly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard

Im not charging nor need to. Everything else is working on the kindle.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem, then the charger is already disconnected.
Let me know when you have done my instructions and the results please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did as requested and problem appears to be solved. Your a genius!

However, will I encounter further problems as email address is different?

Should I update my email address on the kindle?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you wish to use a different Amazon account then you need to deregister the Kindle and register it with the other account.
You will though lose access to the books you have on the current account.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard thank you. Have a good evening.

Polly

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
your most welcome Polly.
It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard restart. We did this just then. It will now be ok.