Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

is the Samsung galaxy fame fully compatable with transit 63

is the Samsung galaxy fame fully compatable with transit 63 plate.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
With all the combinations of phones and car systems, there is no list of compatibility you need to confirm on a case by case basis which I can do here with you.
First, when you connected the phone to the car, did you get a permissions dialog box open?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

went by all stages as asked phone paired over.all working just no phone book with contacts stored on radio

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Alan
On the phone, go to Settings, Applications.
Look in the list under ALL for Google Services Framework.
Press it and press clear data
Then restart the phone and tell me if it can now access the phone book please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no that's not worked,is it possible that the radio needs updating.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The Fame has all the updates as this is automatic, so the issue will be with the radio, but they rarely provide updates Alan for these.
Your only option is to check with the dealer if any updates for the radio are available as they have to do this. I have checked online and nothing to the public is available.
If they have a large enough compatibility issue with phones, they will bring one out, but it has to be quite a large number for them to do this as it incurs a lot of costs on their behalf.
You need to check and have an update installed, if they have not provided one, or the update does not allow it to understand how to interact with the address book on the phone, it will not be possible sorry.