Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Re :- Kodak ESP C310. Information Window shows "Attention,

Re :- Kodak ESP C310. Information Window shows "Attention, Printer error, Clear all paper, Press OK to continue (Code 3528)". Has shown other codes 3523 and 3524.
Paper tray cleared and no visible paper in tray slot. Compartment (ink) opened no visible paper jam, paper exit slot checked, no visible paper jam. "OK to continue" pressed, "Attention required" advice reappears. Printer turned Off, left Off 60 seconds, turned on, fault indicator reappears. How do I get printer working properly again ?? (If replaced with a new same model printer is fault still likely to exist ??)
I await the favour of your reply.
Tony Sim.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you remove the power from the printer and leave it for 10 minutes which will clear the residue power.
Then power it on and tell me if it still gives this error please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Printer had been turned Off overnight with no paper in paper tray. When turned On this AM error notice reappeared, as had done several times when instructions followed with printer also being turned On And Off.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Tony
To confirm, have you opened the printer and checked that there is no paper at all, even small pieces of it as these can cause the sensor to give a false reading.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have opened that part of printer giving access to ink cartridges, the only "opening part" on the printer, I can see no visible pieces of paper, have checked "exit slot" with torch, no paper seen. Do not recall any "torn" printed sheets of paper recently nor having to "pull" any "part loaded" unprinted sheets from the paper tray which may have got torn in the process.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** got no recent paper jams then it is unlikely paper has torn in the printer.
It will be a paper sensor or the mainboard that has faulted, we have ruled out all other causes for this.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not failed, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. These are generally good printers, so you just got bad luck with this one sorry Tony.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sir,

Many thanks for your assistance, warranty out of date so tis a "worst case scenario" to which one can only say "rollocks".

Tony Sim.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sorry about that but if the warranty is out of date, then you at least got good use from it.
If you need anything else, please let me know
And please remember the service rating for my service