Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic HD recorder model either DMR-PWT520 OR

I have a Panasonic HD recorder model either DMR-PWT520 OR DMR-PWT420. The screen keeps throwing up a blue flag opposite programmes and above a blue square with ALL in it. How I get rid of these (I'm quite happy to have all the recorded programmes deleted - in face I've deleted quite a few but these symbols keep recurring) It might improve if I can wipe out all recorded programmes and start again. Thank you in anticipation. John XXX (*****@******.***)

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you on the recorder itself, hold the channel up and down buttons for 6 seconds, and release.
This should reset and take you back to the setup menu.
Setup the player again and tell me if you still have the problem please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

To repeat I've just tried pressing the up and down arrows on the OK button and got no change

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
How do you mean on the OK button John?
You mean the Channel up and down buttons on the unit itself, you held in for 6 seconds and release?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ON my Blu Ray Hard Disc Recorder DMR PWT420 i CANNOT SEE ANY UP DOWN BUTTONS EXCEPT ON THE CONTROLLER

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You will have a flap that you need to lift up to see the John
They are on the recorder itself
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

On the recorder listed above I have a dropdown flap but no clear sign of a channel up and down

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It will have an up and down arrow on this, two buttons, you see this John?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There are 2 tiny buttons (unlabelled) one with a small square above it and one with a small pyramid sideways on above it.

Are these the 2 up and down buttons?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, hold these in for 6 seconds then release.
Looks like the label was never applied
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No response I'm afraid despite pressing the 2 tiny buttons ( I am having to travel up and down stairs to reach the computer and then the panasonic hence the delay)

Is there any advantage in deleting all recorded programmes and starting afresh?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes and we have to do this.
We return it to new, so in the menu go to other, Intialize, Shipping Condition
This resets the unit and returns it to new.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So where do I find the Initialize, Shipping condition Menu?

It doesn't appear to be in Function Menu

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You missed the first step
In the function menu you first go to Other, then Initialize then Shipping Condition John
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your service even though we did not manage to solve the problem of the blue markers appearing.

I will not however consider the bonus above £20 until I see how things

work out

John XXX