Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Tom Tom is telling me that there are no maps available and

My Tom Tom is telling me that there are no maps available and suggesting that I reinstall the map that I already have. How do I do that? It all happened last night while it was trying to download a large update about Europe I do not need it.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
first, can you tell me please which model Tom Tom you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please refund my payment, I do not need your help.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem Ron
You can get your refund via my link below
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund
All the best!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The model No of my Tom Tom is Go600 Model 4FA60

My problem has changed, I can now only get a Keyboard not the Main Menu, as shown in the book.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ron,
You just requested a refund, which is being processed.
You now want the refund cancelled?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes,

sorry about that

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem Ron.
Ok, so you say you can only get the keyboard, not the main menu, is this when you first turn it on?
Exactly what are you trying to do now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I press search, I just get a Keyboard. I cannot get the main menu as shown in the book under' Making your first journey'

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, hold the power on the unit until it switches off.
Then power it on, wait, agree to the terms and conditions, and then it should take you straight to the menu.
Then press on Navigate to and then you can enter the address details.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It did not work, when I pressed it back on it came up with my home address shown on the map. Should I have it connected to the Computer or not?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No, its ok like this, if it shows the map, its all loaded, so press on the Map.
What do you then see?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If I press on the map, it just shows me the road or wherever I pressed on

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I think your already in navigation mode Ron.
Tap on the map and it will then take you to the menu.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No Joy I am afraid, taping on the map just tells me the place I tapped on

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
What are you seeing at the bottom of the screen?
I just am trying to understand exactly what mode its in
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In the bottom left corner there are 4 dots and above them there is a short bar with a minus a plus and an arrow.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, press on the 4 dots, do you then get to the menu?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I get to Search, Activate Traffic, My Places, and My Routes. Current Route is dulled out.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, now I know where you are.
So Ron, if you want to set a route, use Search, then the keyboard opens, and you enter the address
It will then plan the route out for you.
Exactly like page 42 of the manual here
Click me to view
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I can go to Search and put a street in but I want to get to the Main Menu where I can put in a lot more information.

This happened to my Tom Tom last night when it was trying to download a large download about Europe. I did download something from Tom Tom about home. I am getting the impression that I have now got an inferior set of information. I have also lost nearly all of my routes that I had before.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You installed this map Ron, and as such this is how it works.
I do not know what you had previously, but this is the system that is provided with the Go 600
You can see this within the manual I provided
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well something happened because I lost all of my routes that were stored under favorites. Where are you situated? Maybe it was a special for the UK market. The book that I have was supplied with the machine so I am not happy at all.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It looks like you reset the device Ron, this would be why the favorites are removed.
I am situated in the Netherlands (Where TOMTOM is from) and there is nothing special with the different countries apart from the language on the unit.
But the manual I show you is for your model, 100%, it is possible you were supplied the incorrect manual sorry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Where is the Reset Button. my instruction book talks about a button that is under a hole and mentions using a bent paper clip, or an on/off switch. I can find neither on my machine.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You have the wrong instructions book Ron, this is what I indicated before, you reset via the systems setting menu as per page 96 of the manual I gave you
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.