Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

, i have a digital camera E-420. I have problems with the

Hi, i have a digital camera E-420. I have problems with the flash, sometimes it won't flash, it may flash 20/30 seconds later. Even when fully charged i never know if it will flash. I have tried to get the camera back to factory settings but that section won't highlight for me. I would appreciate if you could help me solve this problem. thank you, Joe.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When you say it wont highlight the factory settings, does it jump over it? Or you cant move the options at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It just won't high light. jumps over it

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Turn it off and remove the battery.
Wait 10 minutes, then put the battery in, go straight to the menu, and try to do the factory reset Joe.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No luck! custom reset remaims blank. won't highlight to open!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Joe, it confirms the problem
It is the internal memory that has faulted. This is why you get the timer or malfunction issue with the Flash. It is also not able to navigate and function correctly within the menu, and without the ability to reload the firmware, there is nothing that can be done.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have it replaced (the will replace the entire camera). It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.