Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We have a LE32b541P7W TV. The sound keeps increasing without

We have a LE32b541P7W TV. The sound keeps increasing without us doing anything. Is this the remote control device
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please check side control buttons panel and check any button might get sticky?
Please reply with the result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, no buttons sticky

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, can you remove back cover of TV if want to repair TV yourself to troubleshoot the problem or want diagnosis and approx cost on repair info?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No thanks.

I thought that this might be a Remote Control problem, do I need a new remote control?

Or is it a software problem, does Samsung have a software update?

I really do not wish to start digging around in the back of the TV set.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Shaun for the info.
There is Firmware update/ upgrade issues by Samsung but it may not correct the problem as it seems hardware related issue, however, please check following Samsung link for upgrade file along with upgrade instruction file at end of page and try to upgrade TV firmware...
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/LE32B541P7WXXU
Mostly this kind of problem occurs either due to defective control button board on side panel of TV or main processor chip start generating commands on its own (without remote signals or push of control button on TV) and main board of TV will need to be replaced to resolve the problem which would cost you good money.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've tried again pushing and unpushing all of the buttons on the side of the TV set. This appears to have solved the problem of channel changing. The remote control now works OK. I'm not sure of the volume increasing automatically- we will have to wait and see. This happens very intermittently.

I hope that your advice on the side buttons works OK.

How do I contact you if the volume increases?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Please bookmark this page in Favorites (press Ctrl+D on key board to save the link) to open it up at later time or click on link in email sent to you by JustAnswer.com to open this page to follow up question and I'll be happy to reply it as soon as possible.
If volume problem occurs then again try to push volume up and down buttons on TV a few times that will help and it seems control button board on your TV is defective and requires replacement so please contact your local TV repair shop to do the replacement. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,
Shahid.