*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I HAVE A KENWOOD AUDIO VIDEO STERIO RECEIVER THAT A FRIEND

I HAVE A KENWOOD AUDIO VIDEO STERIO RECEIVER THAT A FRIEND GAVE ME SOME TIME AGO KR-V7030. I HAVE CONNECTED TWO SPEAKERS AND A JVC TURNTABLE L-F66
THAT PLAYS RECORDS PROVIDED I CLEAN THEM OF YEARS OF DUST! BUT I CAN'T CONTROL THE FREQUENCY SCANNER TO STOP ON A FREUENCY I HAVE CHOSEN TO RECEIVE RADIO PROGRMMES. (PRESUME A COMPLETE NOVICE). ANY ADVICE YOU COULD GIVE ME WOULD BE GRATEFULLY RECEIVED.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
This sounds like the radio is not receiving a good signal, it will not stop trying to tune in until it finds a good signal. You will need to connect an antenna to the rear antenna connectors. I have included an image for you>