Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a problem with my Samsung tv. The sound automatically

I have a problem with my Samsung tv. The sound automatically goes to 0. I cannot turn it back up from the remote and tried to do this manually, as soon as I take hand off the button the sounds goes straight back to 0 . I am also having trouble using the main menu via the remote. it will not allow me to use the self diagnosis. the model number is ***** can you please advise thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
There are two possible causes for such symptoms, either the control button panel/ board is defective due to sticky button or main processor chip on main board has got internal issue and generates volume-down command on it own that is why remote isn't working because only one command go into processor chip at a time.
Please remove the back cover of TV, turn On the TV and unplug connector from control button board located on side panel and check, does the remote work in normal way or still sound goes to 0 ?
If TV works normal after disconnect the control button board then replace it as it is causing the problem, and if TV still gives same trouble then I'm afraid you need to replace main board of TV, get the part number off of label pasted on main board to search/ google it to get price and stock info to order it.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.