Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I dropped my HTC One V smartphone in water. Everything now

I dropped my HTC One V smartphone in water. Everything now works except the display which is very dim on maximum brightness setting. Is there a fix for this?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First, hols the power button down until it forces off.
Then turn it on and immediately tell me how the brightness is please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard,

I would say it is the same

Nigel

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Nigel.
You've damaged the mainboard by shorting out a component of the circuity and as such, not all the backlight LED's are working which is why it is dim.
The problem is to repair this is going to exceed the cost of purchasing a replacement phone, and warranty wont cover this. It is not the best news, but you will have to purchase a replacement phone if the current brightness is not usable sorry.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK thanks

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome
If you need anything else please let me know
And please remember the service rating