Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

We have a Samsung tv model T28C570EW. It has been working well

We have a Samsung tv model T28C570EW. It has been working well but for last few weeks vertical lines appear on right of screen, and horizontal ones at the top of screen. What can I do about this?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Do you get these lines even when the TV is tuned to a channel with no input?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. I should warn you that I am pretty well illiterate as far as electronics are concerned!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thats ok Jane.
If it does it on no input its not related to the signal a=or anything from the antenna cable, its the LCD controller or the LCD display that has failed which is part of the main board in the TV.
Not something you can repair yourself.
Is the TV still under warranty?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it is well within the 2 year warranty period. The TV, however, was bought as a present for us by my daughter and the required information was not signed by the seller or customer when it came to us, although there was a space indicated by this on the papers which came with it. I did not therefore register it.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thats ok Jane, it is all linked to the serial number.
Ask you daughter where it was purchased from and you can organise with them a warranty repair, it will still be covered as it is within the warranty period.
The serial number of the TV links all of this for you
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.