Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

When I turn on my Samsung LCD TV at the tv or via remote I

Customer Question

When I turn on my Samsung LCD TV at the tv or via remote I have a 'volume' on the top right with a loudness scale directly underneath. I can turn the volume up at the tv controls to the right hand side but it lust scrolls back to zero. The remote control cannot change channel or volume or anything else, but the red LED on the bottom right of the tv flashes when I use the remote so I assume it is getting a signal, can you please advise a solution.
many thanks
Gary
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To clarify, if you turn the volume up using the buttons on the side of the TV, it goes straight down again? And does it go down instantly, or as if you were turning the volume down?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It goes down instantly, you can see it scroll down. I've tried taking the mains off for a few days, but when I turn on the TV the volume icon is always on the screen. I guess looking at the screen the volume 'scrolls' down 'counting down'!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, check the remotes not stuck on volume down.
Remove the batteries from the remote, then turn up the volume on the TV.
Same problem Gary?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, will check tomorrow and let you know.

Gary

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Gary