Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

HiI have a 2 year old Samsung PS50C680G5K over the last

Customer Question

I have a 2 year old Samsung PS50C680G5K over the last few months it has had red snow at the bottom of the screen, we turn on the tv tonight & it made a cracking type sound and switch itself off, it attempted to turn on & off 3 times then there was nothing.The stand by light stays on but the tv will not switch on - -can you advise if this can be fixed.
Trevor
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It is called red flare which are pixel misfire issues that were and are very common with samsung series TV's.
If its out of warranty and you have to pay, it will cost more then just buying a new TV as the entire panel gets replaced. Pixel misfires are common with yours due to voltages being off from factory and after 1 to 2 years the pixels misfire badly until the panel goes bad, which is the case for you.
I would avoid looking at having it repaired.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.