Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Panasonic TV has a message saying " no DVB services found

My Panasonic TV has a message saying " no DVB services found and is on analogue only but I can get digital through my Humax box. How can I get the digital back on the TV
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of your Panasonic TV?
- How old it is and was there any storm in area that might caused the lost of DVB channels?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The model number is ***** 85 and it's about 4 years old. There have been no storms in the area
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Celia for the info.
- Have you tried to press TV button on remote to select DVB mode to get digital channels if aerial is plugged securely in TV?
Please reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I have and it still says" no DVB services found
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just tried that and the message is exactly the same!
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, one more thing that we need to try is to restore TV to default settings.
Press Menu button on TV remote to get menu screen, go to Setup menu and select Shipping Condition and press OK to restore default settings in TV as it is just out of box.
Unplug TV power cord for 5 minutes, replug back in and turn it On to get Auto Setup screen then go through auto setup screen where TV will scan channels.
This procedure should resolve the problem if it is not hardware related failure.
Please reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It started to add channels and I thought the problem was fixed( this was before you told me to go to shipping mode) so I tried to change it from the channel it was on and a new message "invalid DVB channel has appeared! Help!
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Sorry to hear that, it seems the tuner in TV has got internal failure and causing the problem and we have tried all possible procedures to resolve the problem if it was any wrong settings/ software issue.
There are two options at this point to resolve the problem, either replace the main board of TV where tuner is mounted (it would cost good money and TV needs to take in for repair) or get external set-top box (it would have built in tuner) and connect it to AV/HDMI input of TV, plug the aerial in set-top box and use its own remote to tune the channels and watch it on TV. This way you wont need to take TV in repair shop. Set-top box would be available in nearest electronics store and check following link to view different brands set-top box info...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Set-top-Boxes-Sound-Vision/b?ie=UTF8&node=560880
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I now have a strange mix of Dr some digital channels and radio channels but not all of them. Looks like I will have to just use set top box then
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome Celia, I wish I had better news about TV problem, set top box would be hassle free option to keep enjoying digital TV shows on this TV.
Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,
Shahid.