Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067
Electronics

How do I remove/replace a canon mg5450 printer head

Category: Electronics
replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
There is not an instructions specific for this model, but this video shows how to do this on a very similar model, the instructions are nearly the same
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEkKGBUSwNg
Follow this please and let me know how you go and if you get stuck on any step
Richard, Engineer replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,
I see that you have left me a poor rating, instead of continuing to communicate with me.
Was that a mistake?
Please, let me know how else, I can be of assistance.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

I played the video offered but it was of no use

Richard, Engineer replied 2 years ago.
As I asked Tony, on which step did you get stuck
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

I have taken out the inks, but cannot free the printer head. I have puled tugged and twisted but to no avail

Richard, Engineer replied 2 years ago.
You need to pull at the front of it Tony so it unclips, exactly like in the video I provided you.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

OK. I HAVE UNCLIPPED THE FRONT BAR WITH THE COLORED INK INDICATORES ON IT, BUT I STILL CANNOT TEMOVE ANYTHING

Richard, Engineer replied 2 years ago.
You need to pull down on the front lip so it unclips Tony.
If you follow the video I sent, it shows exactly how to get it released.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

I watched the video again. The set up in the mg5450 is not quite the same. As mentioned I can unclip the bar with the ink idents on it forwards. Thereafter I cannot move anything in any way. The whole assembly moves slightly if pulled/pushed but it appears to be secured somewhere.

Richard, Engineer replied 2 years ago.
I found for your exact model Tony
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZuXi_V5lTpI
Let me know the results please
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Success--I've got the @#%7 thing out.

Thanks for your help.

I only want to pay for this session and do not want to start a monthly contract.

Again, thanks for your patience and help.

Tony

Richard, Engineer replied 2 years ago.
Great! and yes no problem Tony, its just a one time fee if you do not join the subscription.
It is a tough one to get out and hard to explain via text so why I used the video
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.