Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

, Have a Motorola HF850 hands free which has worked ok up

hi,
Have a Motorola HF850 hands free which has worked ok up till now, the fault is that it keeps searching for the phone and makes all kinds of noises, would be grateful for any advise
Bill
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Sorry Bill, it was not clear, were you able to actually reset the device? Or you have been trying to work out how to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard,

no I was unable to reset the unit, the lights keep searching even when the noises have stopped,

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Bill
To be sure,Press and hold both the mute and one of the volume buttons..
Slide and hold the power switch in the on position. When complete, you will hear"restored to default settings."
Then try to connect it
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi Richard,

It did nor say restored default settings but the searching has stopped will need to give it a while to check for noises

Bill

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome Bill
It might have crashed which explains the problem and why it did not say it.
It should be ok now, but in case, I have marked this question to never close, so any problems, just let me know here, this is no problem.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard,

Sadly the squalks are still there, I have tried a reset again but no luck

Bill

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, its faulty Bill and you will need to have it replaced.
It will be covered though by the warranty and replaced at no cost, but this will need to be done sorry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the reply, it's a couple of years old so the warranty has expired

Best wishes

Bill