Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Gigaset blue tooth phone has stopped pairing with a Phonak

My Gigaset blue tooth phone has stopped pairing with a Phonak Compilot, although it worked well initially. Repeated attempts to pair & connect fail. Sometimes it will ask for a 4 digit code which it then tells me is wrong although it is the one in the Phonak instructions. I bought this phone because it has Bluetooth to link with my hearing aids. I have successfully paired an ICom gadget with the phone. Why has it stopped working?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
There can be a number of reasons for this, so I will work through this with you.
First, what is the model of your Gigaset phone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
S810
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Colin
We will have to reset the Ponak
To do this
Slide the ComPilot power switch to the ON position.
Press and hold the Arrows and Home buttons simultaneously for 2 seconds.
3. Slide the ComPilot power switch to the OFF position.
Wait for 5 seconds.
then try to connect it
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried this twice. On each occasion althought the Phonak was identified and requested the PIN number, it told me the pin I entered was incorrect. The number in the instruction booklet with the Phonak is 0000.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
That is correct it is 0000
If you enter though 1234 what happens?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Incorrect pin again
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the issue
It is the internal memory in the Phonak that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. It cant interact with the memory and this is why the pairing failed and why it wont accept any pins.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phonak to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.