Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Sony KDL-32V2500, which has given excellent srvice

I have a Sony KDL-32V2500, which has given excellent srvice until very recently when it has started "missing a beat." Intermittently the picture will cut off for a fraction of a second before returning. I have tried the usual remedies related to the supplying company but it seems that it is the set itself that is causing the problem.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Any idea, how old is the TV?
- What video devices/ sources are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all connected video input sources?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Shahid,

I can't remember exactly when I bought it, but I think it was around 2008

I have a DVD player connected to it, but use it only very rarely. My supplier is Virgin and I get my service through a V+ Box. The intermittent 'gaps' occur when I am watching a normal programme and when watching a recording on my V+ box.

I have to say that I immediately assumed it was the set which was causing the problem and only now realise it could be the V+box, so I have not had a go at Virgin.

Alan

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Alan for the info.
At this point I would suggest to unplug TV and V+ box power cords from wall socket for 10 minutes to get them reset, replug back in and again check if problem occurs?
If so, please try to playback DVD player and again check picture result on TV, if picture stays good/ normal then we know for sure it is V+ box internal issue and TV itself has no problem.
Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you indeed. Unplugged as you suggested, waited, and now all is well.

Super service for the totally untecnhical.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Excellent Alan, glad to know all is well now. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.