Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Is there a device to get photos from my Olympus VG-170 camera

Is there a device to get photos from my Olympus VG-170 camera to a Bluetooth enabled tablet.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What is the make and model of the Tablet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, my tablet is an ASUS T100TA.

Tony

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Tony
You cannot do it via Bluetooth as the camera foes not support this, but you can put the memory card into the computer and read the photos from it this way.
But wirelessly over bluetooth is not possible sorry.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You told me that there was no device that would enable me to get photos from my Olympus VG-170 onto my Asus T100-TA transformer tablet, and that I could put the memory card in the computer, but the memory card from the VG-170 will not fit in the tablet.

I have since been told that I don't need any device, just the camera supplied lead, plug it into the USB socket on the tablet's keyboard and the photos are available. Why didn't you, the "expert", tell me this?

The answer given for which I paid £20, was wrong or at best misleading and I look forward to a refund.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I informed you there is no device to do it over Bluetooth, not that there is no device at all.