Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have one of your Kindle books, and am very happy to say

Customer Question

I have one of your Kindle books, and am very happy to say it is probably the most wonderful thing I have ever purchased. However, I cannot get to route it, as I recently purchased a new router and can't seem to install it to be able to buy new books. Any assistance please, before I go completely mad.
With regards
Lind Fishel
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To clarify, you mean you have a new router, with a new wireless network and you need to know how to connect the Kindle to this network?
And what is the model of the Kindle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, sorry for the confusion, state of panic reigns !

Yes I own a laptop, (Lenovo) and a recently new router. I believe it is Kindle Paperwhite

Linda

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Linda and its no problem.
You need to connect it to the new wifi network.
To do this
From Home, tap the Menu icon
Tap Settings, and then tap Wi-Fi Networks.
Tap your network to connect. If you see a lock icon, a network password ***** *****
Enter the password ***** the Kindle is then connected to the new network and you can again start to use it.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I seem to have a problem with my password, it is not accepting this. Is it the wireless key number or Wireless PIN? I can only get as far as enter password ***** then can't go on.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its the wireless Key Linda, enter this in.
Does it accept it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay - should I try the Wireless PIN?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It should be the wireless Key. If it did not accept this, try the wireless pin.
Let me know the results please
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you reply here Linda
I can also get the password ***** your computer for you?
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.