Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a 32 inch HD samsung tv . The remote turns it on

Hi I have a 32 inch HD samsung tv . The remote turns it on but the volume cannot be brought up. No buttons on the remote work apart from on/off. Batteries have been replaced.Picture is OK. If you use the volume control on the side of the tele it goes up but then straight down ?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- So basically volume goes down itself if increased through volume buttons on side panel?
- Can you please get me the model number off of your TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

BN59-00865A

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry, it seems Samsung remote model/ part number.
TV model number would be written on label pasted at back or side panel of TV.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

LE32B450C4WXXU

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for model number info.
Please check all the buttons on side panel to make sure no one is sticky and might be causing the problem.
If buttons found good (not sticky) then try to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, turn it On and check if volume stays or still goes low?
If problem still persist then I'm afraid it would be hardware related issue and there are two possible suspected boards, one is control button board located on side panel of TV where volume, channel and power buttons located and next possible board is main processor board, if you are trying to repair the TV yourself then remove the back cover and unplug connector on side control button and use remote control to see if volume works in normal way, if so then swap the control board which is defective and causing the problem.
And if unplugging the control button board doesn't help and volume still goes low then I'm sorry we have defective main board in TV that will be replaced to resolve the problem.
Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.