Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have an Epson Stylus SX435W printer. I have recently put

I have an Epson Stylus SX435W printer. I have recently put in new ink cartridges, since when it either prints only every third line or refuses to print at all. How do I deal with this, please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Did this happen also with the old print cartridges as well? Or only with the new ones?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, not with the old cartridges, only the new ones.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, were these refills?
And just to be clear, you put the old cartridges back in and it prints without issues correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I suppose they were new cartridges; I bought them from Staples. The old cartridges can't be put back in because they were exhausted.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you can get refills, but if you bought them new, and they have Epson on them they are authentic.
Which version of windows are you running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows 8

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you press the windows key so your brought to the start screen
Type in Printer and click on devices and printers.
Right click on your printer and select printer properties.
Click maintenance and perform a nozzle clean.
Once done, tell me how it now prints please.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The ID is 1 3 6 2 8 2 8 6 0

Password 6 9 7 3

I am sorry to be so stupid with all this but I am an old lady and totally IT illiterate so everything takes me a very long time!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its no problem, but you closed the program, you have to leave it open.
Can you open it gain and give me the new password ***** will give you please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry but what have I closed and how do I open it again?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The program Teamviewer, that gave you the ID and Password.
You have to leave it open please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but I have to log off. I simply do not understand what I am meant to be doing and I will not waste any more of your time.

Apologies

Pauline Churcher