*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have a toshiba laptop recently purchased and I cannot link

Customer Question

I have a toshiba laptop recently purchased and I cannot link my hp deskjet 3524 to it to print. It does not recognise it. What do you suggest?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will need a little more info please...
Did you install the complete software for the printer from the set up disc?
Which version of windows is on your Toshiba?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have the disc for the printer. I have tried both ways on the disc and online. I am running windows 8.1

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi I have tried both ways from the set up disc and on line.

I am running windows 8.1

okay, try this please>Press the Power button () to turn on the printer.
With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Wait at least 15 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button () to turn it on. Then try printing again. If it does not print let me know if any error messages appear.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It turned on and I tried printing your message to my g mail account. It says my printer is there I press print and nothing happens. I don't get any error messages.

okay, if you haven't already, try rebooting your computer and then try printing and let me know what happens please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just put the USB plug in and it prints. Thank you. But does it mean that every time I unplug the printer USB I then have to unplug the printer every time.

Also shouldn't it be able to print using the WiFi. The laptop is connected to the wifi

yes, you can print wirelessly,
Make sure that the printer, router, and computer are all turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network you want to connect the printer to.
Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cable that is connected to the printer.
Optional: If you previously installed the software for a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, follow these instructions to remove the USB installation before you continue.
Right-click the Start button () or the lower left corner of the screen, and then click Search.
In the Search box, type HP, and then click the icon for your printer. The printer software opens.
Click Utilities, and then click Printer Setup & Software Selection.
Click Convert a USB connected printer to wireless or Connect a new printer (the phrase differs depending on the version of software your computer is running).
Follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing the software.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much. You definitely have the touch. It works. Thank you so much.

That's great!
Your welcome!
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good evening.

You answered my query earlier in the week and my printer was working fine. Today it is not working I get the message that the printer is offline. When I look at the hp printer icon s says it is ready but nothing happens when I press print. Can you help please?

This sounds like the router is dropping the ip address. The router firmware probably needs to be updated. What is the brand and model of your router?