michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I have a pioneer 6disc cd player part of my stack system pdz80m

Customer Question

I have a pioneer 6disc cd player part of my stack system pdz80m which continuosly changing the discs but not playing any I need to know what I need to do to either repair or change a unit which will be compatible with my amplifier etc
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
let me know how old is the unit.
When the unit keeps changing the disks that means it it unable to read them however when it finishes reading one disk it skips to another and does the and the process keeps on going on, this clearly indicates the the laser lens which we even call read head is bad or it has dust accumulated on it, you can clean the lens using mild cleaner solvent like a glass cleaner using a cotton bud.
you will have to open the unit to reach the lens head.
If the unit is more then 2 years old then i would suggest you to replace the lens head from any car audio repair technician.
check the repair cost and if it close to a new unit then you may prefer to go with a new one.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further