Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a DEH-X6500DAB in my car, but I haven't been able to

I have a DEH-X6500DAB in my car, but I haven't been able to turn it on for over a week since my daughter plugged her android tablet into the USB port and it came up with an error. I don't know what the error was, as I didn't see it at the time.
How can I fix it?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When you say it wont turn on, is there ay port coming to it at all?
Any of the lights show up? And did this occur just as your daughter plugged the device in? Or after?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nothing happens, it is a blank, no lights, no sound, nothing.

She removed the cable when the car was stopped and the engine turned off, so after. When I next went to turn the stereo on, about 2 hours later, the stereo did not come on at all

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is likely the fuse has been blown
This you see at the back of the stereo. If you remove the stereo, look at the fuse and check the metal line, to see if this is broken. This is likely to be the case (otherwise the unit itself has shorted out and the entire unit will need to be replaced) but usually its the fuse.
It uses a 10 amp fuse which you can get at nearly all gas stations and car auto part shops and you just clip it back in. But this will likely be your issue Seleena, so start with this.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok, so how do i remove the stereo to check/change the fuse?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You need to push in the clips on each side (these bars came with the unit).
The installation guide on page 14 here
http://cdn.billiger.com/dynimg/eAFTXz4kSBbX90aFpmTDmHt4H9rycHjeBa9LTdXG2DAnu0secnBo1ktlA2ziPSe0zYL-ylreWIV9QRF_RAyTRY/Bedienungsanleitung.pdf
Shows how to remove it
Let me know how you go please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I checked the fuses, and they are fine, but the unit is still not getting any power to it.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal power supply then that has faulted.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.