Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My wife has recently died. She had a Samsung Tablet, which

Customer Question

My wife has recently died. She had a Samsung Tablet, which on the back says it is Model type SM-T201. However no one can remember the password ***** used, so of course we cannot log in. Is there any way we can reset the password ***** we can use the tablet John XXXX XX *****@******.***

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
I am very sorry to hear of your loss John.
The only way to remove the password ***** the Tablet is to reset it. This will remove all data and return the Tablet to new, but without the password, there is no way to avoid this.
To do the reset, please do the following.
Turn off your tablet.
Now press and hold Volume Up + Home button + Power button.
After few seconds you will see Recovery mode menu.
From this menu choose option "wipe data / factory reset" using Volume buttons to scroll and Power button to confirm your choice.
Next select option "Yes -- delete all user data".
Then accept option "reboot system now".
Let this complete and the Tablet will be reset and the password *****
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.