Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My I pad no longer shows on I tunes. I have tried all the

My I pad no longer shows on I tunes. I have tried all the recommended fixes, updating drivers resetting up i tunes etc, but to no avail.
I now propose resetting to factory settings and deleting the data, but i am concerned that re booting via i tunes may still not be an option.
What should i do?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
How do you mean rebooting via iTunes?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I believe i have to attach the i pad to itunes to restore it after factory reset, but as stated the i pad doesn't appear in i tunes

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you dont need to
Do the factory reset this way
On the iPad go to Settings, General, Reset, Erase all content and reset settings.
Let this complete and when it has, setup the iPad and tell me if it is now being recognised in itunes.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have carried out reset and connected to iTunes. iPad not showing in iTunes but is connected to load back up from computer. No evidence of anything happening just yet. The iPad screen shows the iTunes logo and the connecting cable. How long should this take?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, it should connect straight away.
Connect it to a different port on the computer.
Is it then recognised?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have tried all three ports but Ipad is still not recognised.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, are you able to try a different cable please as I want to rule this out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have just tried two further cables in all three ports without success

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Do you have another computer there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do but it is a work computer which I am afraid blocks iTunes

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thats ok we wont need iTunes, just connect the iPad and tell me please if it is detected please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I assume you mean the computer detects iPad which it does

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Which version of windows is on the problem computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows 8.1

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
On that computer, press the windows key + X and click on Control Panel
Click on Uninstall a program
Uninstall the below software in the following order. Then, restart your computer.
iTunes
QuickTime
Apple Software Update
Apple Mobile Device Support
Bonjour
Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)
Once you have restarted, install iTunes again from my link below
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download
Once done, see if the iPad is now detected.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In progress. but if I reboot I shall lose contact with you won't I?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, but you just return back to this web page and post a message please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I wasn't asked to re-boot, and the removal and re-installation of all Apple software, rather than just the iTunes as I did, seems to have done the trick! Lesson Learned.

Many thanks RichieMe

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Perfect!
Still always reboot anyway after uninstalling, its always safer Chris
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer