Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

turned tv on no picture or sound then it came back on a couple

turned tv on no picture or sound then it came back on a couple of days later when ariel cable was moved then went off again and now nothing.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please the make and model of the TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is a Toshiba think this is the model no. 20w330db

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
As the first step Margaret, can you remove the power from the TV and wait 10 minutes.
Connect the power, and try to operate it.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

DO I STILL LEAVE AERIAL OUT ?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HAVE PLUGGED POWER AND AERIAL BACK IN ALL THAT FLASHED ON SCREEN WHEN TURNED ON WAS DTV STEREO AUTO. WHILST ON IT MAKES A SORT OFF CLICKING SOUND AS IF IT IS GOING ONTO CHANNELS OR SOMETHING?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No, thats the electronic switch on the main board
This is the problem It is the mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.