*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Some of the touch buttons on my iPad have stopped working What

Customer Question

Some of the touch buttons on my iPad have stopped working
What can I do?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
This could be a glitch in the software and the iPad needs to reboot, lets try and force a reboot > Hold the home button and the power button down for about 30 seconds or until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release both buttons. If the forced reboot does not work, then the only option will be to rule out the firmware in the iPad with a factory restore.
The process for restoring an iPad begins by wiping the iPad, which puts it into the same clean state it was when you first got it out of the box. But before you take this step, you must make sure your iPad has been backed up to the iCloud.
You can verify your iCloud backup by going into the iPads settings and choosing iCloud from the menu. In the iCloud settings, choose Storage and Backup. This will take you to a screen that will display the last time the iPad was backed up to iCloud.
Once you verify the backup, you are ready to begin the process. You will start by erasing all data and settings from the iPad, which puts it into a clean state, Go to General from . Scroll all the way down the General settings until you see "Reset". From this menu, choose "Erase All Content and Settings".
Once this complete, go through the set up and then choose to restore from a backup, you will be taken to a screen where you can choose from your last backup.