Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

rtrying to connect my PS3 to a panasonic TV. Tv is not connected

Customer Question

rtrying to connect my PS3 to a panasonic TV. Tv is not connected to anything else, but I can't get the PS3 to appear on the screen, and the TV is just sitting there blank? Is thre something I should push to connect the two?
Cheers
Adrian
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You connect the PS3 to the HDMI port on the TV and then switch the TVs input to the HDMI input.
Then you will see it appear. If you do not know how to switch the input for the TV, tell me the make and model of the TV please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have plugged in the HDMI plug from tv into PLaystation, and switched the source, and nothing has happened, I have the screen confirming it is on HDMI mode, but no picture.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, try a different HDMI port on the TV and switch to that input.
Same problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes same problem

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Are you getting a no signal message on the TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the screen has the HDMI2 in the top corner, but no picture from the PS3

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, and the PS3 is plugged into the HDMI2 port on the TV correct?
If so, on the PS3, hold the power button until it is forced off.
Then turn on the PS3 and tell me if you now see it appear on the screen please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nothings happening

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, we need to rule out that the PS3 has faulted.
Do you have another TV to connect this to? and we can confirm this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no. but it was working fine last night on a different TV, then that TV died (over ten years old) I do understand that by plugging scarts or Hd lines in, things should tune themselves in automiatically, but this is the second TV we've had this problem with.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, ti will automatically detect.
Just to check though as I believe the PS3 has faulted, you have tried it on two TV's and you get the same problem correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

On the old TV last night the PS3 was working fine, then that TV died, have plugged it in by itself, and the screen is still dark rather than the usual blue screen. This TV and the other TV we tried both had the same blank screen with no source found, we used the old TV in the mean time. So the PS3 was working fine, but the 2 new TVs fail to connect or tune to the PS3

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, the PS3 has faulted. It will not be two TVs that have the problem, and this is plug and play for the signal, so you just need to plug it in.
I am not sure what happened to the TV that died, but this may also have faulted the PS3. But there is an issue on the display module of the PS3 and you will have to have it replaced sorry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, I hope I am not going to be charged for this. I have to go and collect my wife now. Thank you for trying to help, but the PS3 was working fine in between trying the 2 TVs.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You are not going to pay for the service you received?
ok... thats not really the right thing to do but up to you I guess.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Apparently payment has already been taken, unfortunate as you could not help me resolve the issue other than saying the console was nackered, it is now working despite your efforts ratherb than because of them. and you think this is the right thing to do?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sure Adrian
Multiple TVs and multiple connection points all failing points to one thing.
IF it just "all of a sudden" works, then you did not have it connected correctly which I initially tried to confirm with you
You get your refund here
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund