Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Samsung TV model LE37A656A1F has solarisation/blurring of

My Samsung TV model LE37A656A1F has solarisation/blurring of images, what can I do?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
- Does TV show normal picture when turn it ON and problem gradually appears OR TV shows normal picture after some time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

About 7 years old and the TV shows normal picture after turning it on for about 3-5minutes ,and it started today around 10.00am

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Betty for the info.
There are few possible reasons of solarisation/blurring of images problem in this TV, either defective power supply board (due to failing capacitors causing insufficient voltage supply) or defective t-con board located under shield on top center of rear of TV (some times at bottom center of TV) or the screen (panel) internal circuitry has got problem.
I'm afraid, it is not any wrong setting issue and definitely hardware related, swapping the power supply board will help to narrow down the problem, required power supply board is available at following link...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/POWER-SUPPLY-FOR-SAMSUNG-LE37A656A1F-LE37A686-37-LCD-TV-BN44-00216A-PSLF231501C-/361142842882
and if it doesn't help then t-con board replacement will tell us if display panel (screen) is OK or bad and if screen found bad then a new TV would be your next option because screen replacement would cost more than new TV price of same size, if replacement display panel still available with Samsung Parts.
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.