Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Sony Cybershot 14.1 mega pixels camera. It gets stuck

I have a Sony Cybershot 14.1 mega pixels camera. It gets stuck on Panoramic option and will not allow me to take normal single shots. When turned on the screen continually flicks through, camera, panoramic and video and stops at panoramic.
What could be the problem?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of your Sony camera?
- How old it is and how long it have had the problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shahid,

The camera is about 5 years old, the problem started about 2 months ago. Before it got fixed on the Panoramic position it did keep loosing my pre-set positions.

The camera name is***** DSC-W350 S/No.(###) ###-####

Hope this helps.

Susanne

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Susanne for the info.
Have you tried to reset camera by going into camera menu?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I have not. How do I do that?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, please press Menu button on camera and select Settings (tool box icon) then go to Main Settings option and select Initialize option and press OK to execute, camera will reset to default settings then go through setup screen that may appear to set time and date etc then check if camera works as normal or still having trouble?
Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shahid

I followed your instructions and re-set. Seemed to work for a few minutes then reverted to Panoramic view, then switching between all three options (camera, filming & panoramic).

Susanne

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
This isn't good news, seems hardware failure issue and I'm afraid the main board of camera will need to be replaced which would cost more than new camera price, sorry for this news, at this point you would be better off with a new camera instead of spending time and money on this one's repair.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.