Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

, I have a 'Sony Digital Still Camera' a DSC-T3 Cyber-shot.

Hello, I have a 'Sony Digital Still Camera' a DSC-T3 Cyber-shot. It stopped working a few years ago and has been in a draw, but I think it is worth bringing back to life. The screen still shows photos already taken, but for some reason will now not take photo's, the screen just shows the settings but not the picture I am trying to take. I have always liked the camera and would dearly like to get it repaired if possible.
Where do I go from here?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Shahid :

Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you. Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

Shahid :

Does screen show any color distortion in camera mode?

Shahid :

Not sure if you are getting my messages

Shahid :

let me change the chat into question & answer mode to continue troubleshooting.

Customer:

There is nothing showing on the screen when in take-photo mode, other than a dark screen with the camera setting on in white print. ie the battery state, how many photo's taken etc. but when viewing photo's already taken on the screen shows in colour fine.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ray,
Please reply here so we can continue troubleshooting.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Ray,
Did you post any thing as reply here?
This question popped up on my screen but nothing visible as your reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have sent you reply. Ray

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, its not showing here, let me ask again the same question to troubleshoot the issue..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no color showing in camera mode, ie taking picture's, but in viewing pictures taken already the color in fine.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ray for the info.
This is known ccd imager chip failure issue with this model, ccd image chip is an electronic device that converts the light/ image into electronic signals that go to main board of camera for further process.
Camera shows self generated graphics (menu options, icons etc) which is strong evidence of ccd image chip failure, this part is located on bottom of lens assembly and replacement isn't difficult thing for a handy person, camera will take apart to access inside to take out lens mechanism/ assembly for ccd imager chip replacement and it doesn't need any soldering work. I been fixed many cameras for the same problem few years back.
Required ccd image chip part number is ***** follows..
A-1075-408-A ... CCD BLOCK ASSY
that can be used to search/ google for part price info to order it. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.