*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

i have a galaxy s3 mini and it wont hold a charge, the battery

Hi i have a galaxy s3 mini and it wont hold a charge, the battery says 100% you make one call and the phone goes off and I need to plug it in again.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. The best option for this will be to rule out the phones firmware being the problem by doing a factory restore.
If the issue is still there after the restore them we will know that it is a hardware fault and the phone will need to be repaired or replace the battery. The battery is the easiest and cheapest fix.
Before you do a factory reset be sure ty o back up your photos and videos to an SD card. Then back up your contacts to your Google account.
Follow these steps for the restore. ..
from the ‘Applications' screen
Tap ‘Settings'
Choose ‘Backup and Reset'
Hit ‘Factory Data Reset'
Select ‘Reset Device'
Tap ‘Erase Everything'
This will now totally reset your device and next time you switch it on, it will be box-fresh.