Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  USAF trained; currently teaching electronics for the DoD.
42300671

What is the part called K1 or part number S512078-05

Customer Question

What is the part called K1 or part number S512078-05 for a Kenwood A97 amplifier
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to the site. I'm Dan.

I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you need to replace K1? Do you just want to know what it is?

Please be as specific as possible, and I will do my best to help.

Dan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I need to replace it as it is missing

Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
There is a K1 on the control board, and another one on audio board. Which one do you need? They are different part numbers. Also, are you using the Japan or Singapore version of the A97?

Dan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The audio board as the speakers dont work

Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
So you just need a place to order the part?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes if I can find out what it is

Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
It's a relay. I've outlined it in red, below:
graphic

The original part number is ***** You can also use a S51-2092-05, as it is a suitable substitute. I do not have access to any parts suppliers in Greece.

I hope that answers your question! If not, just let me know. Also, please take a second to rate the service I provided today, as that is the only way I receive credit for answering questions here. I hope I was excellent, even if the news was not! Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes thats the number in the service manual which is a Kenwood part number It has to be an Omron relay but which type

Put it this way K2 TO K6 Kenwood part number is ***** but the relays are OMRON G5Z-2A-24v

Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, John. That information isn't available in the technical documents. Why not just order the Kenwood part number?

Dan