Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Galaxy G3 'died' in Florence..... completely! Is there

My Galaxy G3 'died' in Florence..... completely!
Is there any way to retrieve the photos ?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When you say it died, is it turning on but freezing on the logo screen?
Or it does not turn on at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The power left the phone very quickly and as I was not in my hotel room I was unable to plug it in. It went from 73% to nothing in less than an hour.
I plugged it in to charge and left overnight..no life; connected to computer; no life.
On my return to UK the chap at the shop where I bought it had a look and said it was a job for you.
I will add that I have since bought a new pnone so I do only want to retrieve the photos.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, we will see if the photos were backed up online.
Click on my link below and sign in with the same Gmail account you used to register the phone
CLICK ME TO OPEN
Check there for your photos and tell me please if you see them
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, am I doing this right ...I haven't had to put in my acct password
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Then it is automatically signing you in, so it should be ok
Do you see the photos there?
I can also do these steps with you on the computer, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, they weren't there . Are they not still on the phone, somewhere. If the answer is no . Then that's all there is to it.Surely?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Unless we can get the phone started.
Try this on the phone please.
Remove the charger from the phone and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and hold the volume UP and power and tell me if this can get you to a menu
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dead as a Dodo !
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, but it is not going to be possible then to get the photos.
The only way is if we were able to get the phone working again as this is the only way to access the memory.
I can only advise on your new phone to install the app Dropbox which will backup the files online so that you would not lose the photos again.
This will avoid this every happening to you.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer