Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I recently purchased a Lumix TZ60 camera. Is the GPS assist

I recently purchased a Lumix TZ60 camera. Is the GPS assist data universal regardless of where you are in the world, or do you need to download data in the country in which you wish to use the camera at any given time?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You need data for this. It basically gets an internet connection, and from the address, knows where you are to a certain area so the actual GPS has a smaller area to coordinate. Basically makes it easier for the camera but it needs a data connection to download the information.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I take it from your answer that when I go to France and Switzerland later this year that I will need to download data in both countries.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Correct Roger for GPS Assist to work.