Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

How can I tell whether my Alcatel mobile phone has been ha

Customer Question

How can I tell whether my Alcatel mobile phone has been hacked?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Which model Alcatel is it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

To be honest Richard I don't know which model it is. It is square not oblong and has internet access which I have never used on it. It is quite small and has a querty keyboard and small square screen. It has a camera and is pink in colour. Quite a smart little phone and i have had it since 2010. So it could an older model than then.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, there is one test.
Does it have an app on it called Play Store?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No Richard!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Great! as that means it is not a smart phone and hence cannot be hacked.
It needs to be a smart phone in order to run code that people install to listen in on the phone and monitor it.
As yours is not capable of this (it is a simple phone) you cannot be hacked on this. You are ok.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HiCustomer My Alcatel phone has Java, Email, Instant Messaging, mTweet, Facebook, Opera, Web and Bluetooth. Could this phone possibly be one that could be hacked?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No, it is safe