Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I cannot get Garmin Express as the Garmin Tray has stopped

Customer Question

I cannot get Garmin Express as the Garmin Tray has stopped working. I have tried uninstalling Garmin Express from the control panel and then reinstalling Garmin Express but it will not allow me to do this as I keep getting the Garmin Express install window. If I continue with this service ' Just answer' how much will I have to pay?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You pay just the deposit you made.
Can you tell me, is this a windows computer or Mac computer you have it installed on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Richard
To do the uninstall, can you please download Revouninstaller from my link below
www.revouninstaller.com
Run it and within this program uninstall Garmin. Make sure to click on the advance option and delete all register and files.
Then restart the computer and reinstall it and tell me if it now functions please Richard.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will try this now, thankyou

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, When trying to install Garmin Express I received the following msg. "Garmin Device Interaction Service failed to start. Verify sufficient privilege to start system services".

Please advise

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, instead of double clicking the file to install, right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
It needs you to perform the installation this way.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will do

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

From - connect.garmin.com/en-US/start - when I right click I get........

Open link in new tab

" " " " windows

" " " incognito windows

Save link as

Copy link address

Inspect element

Please advise

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You do this when trying to install Garmin Express.
Not on their website, so the file you double clicked to run before that gave
Garmin Device Interaction Service failed to start. Verify sufficient privilege to start system services".
Its that file you right click
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You are being very helpful, but money is an issue and I would like to try and resolve the problem without paying any more money.

I have downloaded Garmin Express but not clicked on 'run' yet but from my last experience I would not see the option - run as administrator! sorry.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thats no problem.
You have to Right click on the actual file itself.
So after downloading, go to where you downloaded it (so close the internet browser) and you right click the actual file.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Having downloaded the file I have the 'Open file - security window' with the two boxes Run & Cancel.

I guess I need to work more on computers?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, your still in your web browser Richard.
You need to close your web browser, and open File Explorer (Click start, Computer)
Then go to the location you saved the file to (usually downloads) and right click on the file there please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay. I found an Garmin Express icon on the Start Up window and right clicked which gave me run as administrator which then gave me the msg. "An unexpected error has occurred and Garmin Express must close.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its not the start up window, you need to right click on the file you Downloaded Richard as per my last instructions.
You downloaded a file and thats what you right click
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, have right clicked the downloaded Garmin Express file and the msg has come up as before.............failed to start......verify sufficient privilege in start system services!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You right clicked it and select Run As Administrator?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** framework is corrupted on the computer
Click on my link below and download and run the program
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135
complete the repair in the tool and once done, restart then try to install Garmin again.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Procedures followed but same msg interrupted installation......failed to start...verify sufficient privilege etc. What is the Garmin Tray that stopped working? Error code 2753?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its part of the overall installation.
Turn the computer off.
Then turn it on and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu.
Choose from the menu Safe Mode
Once windows has loaded inn this mode (it will look different to normal windows) then try to install it.
Let me know the results please