Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Samsung portable TV model: LE19R86WDX/XEU, Type No:

I have a Samsung portable TV model: LE19R86WDX/XEU, Type No: BP19EO, which is approx 4 years old. It has worked perfectly. Since returning from holiday it works fine but shows no picture of any channel. I suspect my cleaner has cleaner the remote and I cannot figure out how to get the picture back. Please help. I can't find the instruction manual for clues either.
Caroline
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Are you hearing the noise from the channel? Just no picture?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I hear perfectly, just no picture. I have a meeting now. back in 2 hours to your answer.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, then its nothing about the remote or buttons.
Can you remove the power from the TV and wait 10 minutes.
Then plug the power back in, turn on the TV and tell me if you now get a picture please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I turned all power off for 15 minutes. That didn't work...

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, as there is sound and no picture, it is not the tuner, or any setting but the backlight in the TV that has failed.
It is not lighting up which means the screen remains dark (yet everything else is working).
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return it to have the backlight replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If the warranty has expired, the cost to repair this is minimal
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.