Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

, I have a Finepix Fuji S3400. It has been very good

I have a Finepix Fuji S3400. It has been very good but suddenly I am getting the message which used to come up when I kept the lens pinch cover on by accident all the time, even when the lens cover is removed. I am guessing this means the lens may be broken?
What can I do?
Vee
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please Vee what the message is you are getting?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard,

It's the same message that appears when the lens cap is left on and the camera is switched on - red exclamation mark and the instruction to turn the camera off and on again. I've tried this repeatedly, tried rebooting the camera by taking out the memory card and by taking the batteries out and putting them in again. I think the lens is broken, and from my own research, that's fairly terminal?

What do you reckon?

Vee

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is Vee, I know this problem well and your not going to be able to get it repaired sorry (it is not economically feasible).
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.