Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have forgotten my password ***** my Kindle 1 can you help p

Customer Question

I have forgotten my password ***** my Kindle 1 can you help please
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please check at the back of the kindle for the model, such as d01200, or d00701, etc.?

Are you able to go to menu / settings on the kindle?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

D01100

Thank you. Can you please try the password *****:

resetmykindle

; if it does not work, please try password:

111222777

, and/or password:
111333777

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Passwords not helping

I'm sorry, none of the 3 passwords works?

What kind of password ***** ***** asking for, such as device password, Amazon account password, Wi-Fi / wireless password, etc.?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Device password

Does it let you go to menu / settings on the kindle? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I can't do anything until I put a password *****

You've entered the wrong password ***** times, and it does not give any other option?

Press & hold the power on/off button on the kindle for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on, then can you press menu or tap on the 3-bar icon?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No

On the kindle, when you press any button at the bottom, does it show anything different? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The only difference is the keyboard goes off when I press the relevant button. The enter password ***** is on the screen all the time .

To confirm, you've entered each of the 3 passwords I've provided previously and it did not work right?

Do you see any reset button / hole on the kindle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have you sent a reply to.last answer

Sorry, I do not see your response. This was what I wrote previously:

Also, if you don't see any reset button / hole, are you able to remove the back cover of the kindle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did you get my reply?

Sorry, somehow, your reply is not going through. Can you answer / reply only question at a time:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You don't seem to be getting my replies

I see your last reply, which you wrote "You don't seem to be getting my replies". Are you replying at the box below on this web page only? Do not reply via email. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I'm only replying in this box each time

Sorry, that is strange. I saw your last reply "Yes I'm only replying in this box each time".

Do you see any reset button / hole on the kindle? Please reply yes or no.

Sorry, it seems somehow your reply sometimes go through, sometimes not. Let me open this issue to other experts, and/or I'll have our customer service contact you. Thank you.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When you enter the code
###-##-####
As the password, which should initiate the reset, what happens?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It says. Incorrect password

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
This is the password ***** unlock the screen? Or access the book store?