Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

DVD picture not showing in Bravia TV but sound ok

My Sony DVP-NS905V DVD wont play picture on Sony Bravia 8505B but the surround sound is fine. SCART cable properly installed. Why?

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Does DVD logo screen appear on TV when turn the power On?
- Have you tried to unplug TV and DVD player power cords from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, the DVD logo does not appear

I have not tried to unplug the sets

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please try unplug - replug that might help.
DVD player also has yellow jack for video output, can you connect AV cable in yellow-red-white RCA jacks and hook it to correspondent AV input jacks on TV, select that video input in TV and check if TV shows DVD picture?
Please reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just checked the back of the TV. There are no white, red and yellow jack input ports. Most of the ports are HDMA but the DVD player is pre- that system.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
John,
Can you please get me the model number off of your TV or check the side panel of TV for yellow-red-white RCA jacks?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The jack inputs are green, blue and red not white, red and yellow. I cant get at the serial number. TV was purchased just before Christmas 2014.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, plug video cable in green jack of TV and hook it into yellow jack of DVD, select AV or Composite Video input in TV (verbiage could be different as I don't have your TV model) to see if DVD picture appears?
Also, have you tried unplug - replug power cords as requested in previous reply?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do I need to completely take away the SCART, or can I run the green/yellow jacks in parallel with the SCART?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
If TV shows DVD picture through yellow-red-white AV cable then can disconnect the Scart.
Yellow jack at back of DVD provides video out signal where as white-red are for sound output.
Green jack at side panel of TV also works (in most TV models if no yellow jack there) for video input (for yellow pin) and you would notice red-white jacks nearby for sound input as well.
Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Shahid,

I have to go now but will rty your remedies tomorrow. You have been helpful, and we just have to wait now to see if the remedies work. Thank you.

John

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
No problem John, please take your time and reply back with the result.
Thank you and good luck!
Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Shahid, I tried all of the sixes you suggested but none of them eowkred. Then I noticed that the SCART plug was not fitting into the TV socket properly. I changed to a different SCART lead, and Hey Presto, the DVD player now shows a picture with sound on the TV screen.

Thank you for your advice. It pointed me in the right direction.

John

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi John,
Glad to know that problem is resolved and you are enjoying DVD shows!
Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech