ricke1973
ricke1973, Customer Service
Experience:  repaired major tv of all brands,,
10191312

I have a Pioneer SA408 amp which has been a great workhorse

I have a Pioneer SA408 amp which has been a great workhorse over the years. Unfortunately a small strand of speaker wire shorted over the socket and the amp died. I've changed the fuse on the plug and also the two internal fuses, but no joy. Can you please help.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  ricke1973 replied 2 years ago.
you have a blown output transistor, if you know how to test a transistor with a multimeter you will find a short on one of the outputs, and also possibly a blown resistor fuse, will require a tech with experience, or at the least some electronics background. good luck in your repairs; this is the answer friend.