KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Technician
Experience:  Working since 15 years
70193065

My Teka oven 840 child lock remains on even when I press it

My Teka oven 840 child lock remains on even when I press it to put it off. This happened after a partial power failure.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer... how old is it and what is its complete model number please ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The model number is ***** and it is 5.5 years old.

and you have already tried to press and hold the key symbol for around 15 seconds ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I have and just tried again. No response.

ok can you unplug it for few minutes then plug it back ... simultaneously press and hold the Key button
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What is the key button?

The button with the lock/key symbol ... also is everything correct on the display ? Are you able to set the clock ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, I cannot set the clock. I assumed that is because I think the key lock is on - it is brighter colour than the other symbols. I would add that I have two identical ovens and it affects both of them. I have switched the ovens off for the several minutes and then pressed the lock key symbol for 15 seconds as you suggest. Nothing changed and I cannot set the clock, which means the oven will not work.

ok and can you try to press and hold the + and - buttons for several secondslet me know if this will reset the oven
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried this, again having switched the oven off at the mains for a few minutes first. Everything continues to flash.

OK, as the clock is not responding and the lights are still flashing then this indicates the clock is bad and will need replacement