Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

i have an olympus stylus 710 digital camera suddenly i have

i have an olympus stylus 710 digital camera
suddenly i have a blue screen when i try to open it, i purchased a new battery and new charger, but when the charger says the battery is charged, and, i put it in the camera it still shows empty batter and just the blue screen any advice please
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
If you try to take a picture by pressing the shutter button, does anything happen at all? Is there a reaction from the camera?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

if i try that , the camera just closes and the blue screen appears, there are a series of numbers on the blue screen,I.E, 5f08

5f0a

5e02 in that sequence

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Brian
Errors means a Lens error and a mainboard error on the camera.
These are hardware faults
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have a hardware diagnostics performed and the faulty component replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. But this will need to be done.
If the warranty has expired, I advise to avoid a repair as the cost including labor and with the limited warranty you receive, will outweigh the value of just replacing the camera.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.